- Constitution and By-Laws
- By Laws, Article 1
- Article II: Board of Trustees
- Article III: Executive Director
- Article IV: Departments and Committees
- Article V: Membership
- Article VI: Fees, Dues and Expenses
- Article VII: Meetings
- Article VIII: Election
- Article IX: Local Optometric Societies
- Article X: Rules of Practice
- Policy Update
- All Pages
Page 10 of 13
ARTICLE IX: Local Optometric Societies
- Section 1.
- Local Optometric Societies established and provided herein shall hold regular meetings not less frequently than quarterly. Upon election by the Association's Board of Trustees, all Active Members of the Association in the area served by the Local Optometric Society shall automatically become members of the said Society. All active members shall, as a condition of retaining membership in this association, maintain membership in said Local Optometric Society. Each Society shall elect at least a President, Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer and such other officers as it may desire. It may establish a Board of Trustees if it so desires. The duties of officers and directors of the Local Optometric Society shall be consistent with those provided the officers and members of the Board of Trustees of this Association as set forth in these By-Laws insofar as it may be Expedient for proper administration of the Local Optometric Society.
No local society shall retain members who are not members of this Association and in compliance with the Constitution and By-Laws of this Association.